Sierra Leone |
Environment - Nature | Agriculture - Nutrition | Economy - Development | Society
Sierra Leone smallholder farmers get WFP boost
afrol News, 26 May- Small-scale farmers in Sierra Leone, will jointly benefit with those in Bangladesh and Pakistan in a World Food Programme (WFP) funded programme aimed at boosting the food production capacities of poor farmers in the developing countries.
The programme, funded with a 39-million euro donation from the European Union (EU), will boost projects that are aimed at helping poor farmers - most of them women - to more efficiently produce food through programmes such as group farming, crop diversification and kitchen gardens. In some communities, WFP will also provide food in exchange for work on projects aimed at improving irrigation and flood resistance, or planting trees.
By staff writer
© afrol News
- Create an e-mail alert for Sierra Leone news
- Create an e-mail alert for Environment - Nature news
- Create an e-mail alert for Agriculture - Nutrition news
- Create an e-mail alert for Economy - Development news
- Create an e-mail alert for Society news
On the Afrol News front page now