Congo Kinshasa | World |
Politics | Society | Human rights
Bemba to remain in ICC custody
afrol News, 3 September- The Appeals Chamber of the International Criminal Court (ICC) has decided today that the former senior official of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) who has been charged with war crimes will remain in custody ahead of his trial.
Jean-Pierre Bemba Gombo, the former Congolese Vice-President who is accused of having committed war crimes and crimes against humanity – including rape, murder and pillaging – in the neighbouring Central African Republic (CAR) in 2002 and 2003, was granted temporary release last month, albeit under conditions.
By staff writer
© afrol News
- Create an e-mail alert for Congo Kinshasa news
- Create an e-mail alert for World news
- Create an e-mail alert for Politics news
- Create an e-mail alert for Society news
- Create an e-mail alert for Human rights news
On the Afrol News front page now