Africa | Ethiopia |
Politics | Environment - Nature | Economy - Development | Society
Africa's climate change negotiators meet in Ethiopia
afrol News, 19 October- Negotiators and experts from Africa, the continent said to be most vulnerable to global warming, have converged in Ethiopia for their last United Nations-backed meeting before the December’s summit in Copenhagen, Denmark, where nations are set to conclude negotiations on a new climate change agreement.
According to the UN Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) and the UN Environment Programme (UNEP), Africa has a limited capacity to adapt to global warming. The region’s key economic sectors are vulnerable to climate change, and this vulnerability is compounded by existing challenges including poverty, disasters and conflicts.
By staff writer
© afrol News
- Create an e-mail alert for Africa news
- Create an e-mail alert for Ethiopia news
- Create an e-mail alert for Politics news
- Create an e-mail alert for Environment - Nature news
- Create an e-mail alert for Economy - Development news
- Create an e-mail alert for Society news
On the Afrol News front page now