afrol News and partner media
afrol News cooperates with a large number of independent, high quality news media around Africa. We have different levels of cooperation, ranging from commercial partnerships - where afrol News markets African media copy in non-African markets - to looser forms of non-commercial news exchange.
Our principal cooperation partners in Africa remain the independent media networked together in MisaNet - a news exchange facilitated by the Windhoek-based Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA).
As a principle, afrol News only enters into a formal cooperation with totally independent media with an aim of assisting in the fight for press freedom in Africa. Regarding these types of media, we never charge for our services, which include free foreign news feed and procuring news copy sales on non-African markets. Most of our media partners allow us to reproduce a limited number of their copy on afrol News' website.
List of principal partner media
- African Future, Las Palmas, Spain
- A Semana, Praia, Cape Verde
- Awdal News Network (ANN), Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Balancing Act, headquartered in UK
- The Chronicle, Lilongwe, Malawi
- Círculo Africano, Las Palmas, Spain
- El Muni Equatorial Guinea (based in Valencia, Spain)
- Daily News, Harare, Zimbabwe
- Futuro Africano, Las Palmas, Spain
- Futuro Saharaui, Tindouf refugee camps (Algeria), Western Sahara
- Gender Links, Johannesburg, South Africa
- IRIN (UN), Johannesburg, Nairobi and Abidjan
- ITWeb News, Rivonia (Gauteng), South Africa
- La Lance, Conakry, Guinea
- Le Lynx, Conakry, Guinea
- Le Quotidien, Dakar, Senegal
- Mmegi, Gaborone, Botswana
- Mopheme, Maseru, Lesotho
- The Namibian, Windhoek, Namibia
- The Post, Lusaka, Zambia
- Public Eye, Maseru, Lesotho
- Savana, Maputo, Mozambique
- SciDev.Net, London, UK
- The Standard, Harare, Zimbabwe
© afrol News / See Copyright note.
Regarding media partnerships, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org